(I'm Having Those) Nightmares Again
Abandonment anxiety and devotion
1. B G#m Why are you so brutal in my dreams? C#m A You treat me like we've hardly even met! B G#m Is there something really wrong with us C#m A or am I so afraid that you'll forget?
2. B G#m Is there a basis in reality C#m A or is it just the product of my fears? B G#m Am I so afraid that you will turn on me C#m A after we've been together for so many years?
3. B G#m Would you really simply turn away C#m A if things don't go just as we planned? B G#m Are we together from the grace of love C#m A or to satisfy some animal demand?
4. B G#m I'm having those nightmares again. C#m A I suppose it should come as no surprise; B G#m as you become more precious to me it's no wonder C#m A I should fear you're really someone I won't recognize
5. B G#m Taught to have faith in God alone. C#m A There's no one else on whom I can depend. B G#m But isn't this the Spirit in our love? C#m A And aren't we sworn together 'til the end
6. B of the endless dream? G#m I make this my prayer: C#m I will be for you A and always there G#m7/B through the endless dream.
Performed in Mindful Webworkshop #8, 2016 Sep 30