White Man's Maya
You don't really have to be white to bear the burden
1. Dm Two weeks off F Dm for every year. Eb Unread books. Dm Expensive beer. Dm Suburban dream house F Dm free from noise. Eb In the yard work Dm knee-grow boys. Eb Cereal burger. Dm Flavored waste. Eb Artificial Dm preservative paste. Eb Short on vitamins. Dm Flat in taste. Eb But Neiman- F Marcus toys!
2. Years of toil, Enduring lack. A good-investment Cadillac. Frozen processed food and drink. Pay a woman to clean the sink. Poison spray to kill the bugs. Two machines to clean the rugs. Why do the kids want to look like thugs? They don't know how to think!
3. Try to show how much I care. Pay my son to cut his hair. Don't let daughter be a mess. Purchase her a decent dress. Happy to help them live their life. Help my daughter to be a wife. Son doesn't want the honor of strife. Must be lazy I guess.
4. Boys learn sports and automobiles. Girls learn sewing and making meals. Women gossip and Men don't cry. No more labor when we die. Captialism! Democracy! Competition! The Brave and Free! Eveyone else better think like me, And he better not ask why!
5. Work is hard but play is fun. Politics is Washington. Education is in the school. Churches teach the Golden rule. Court is order. Cops are laws. No one said they don't have flaws. But the came's back holds plenty of straws and Eb F Gm God will get the fool. God will get the fool. Eb F G God will get the fool!