Tune to Marijuana
I've been trying to think it all out.
Lead in with Witnessing, verse 1
1. C Dm Here's my tune to marijuana C Bb Here's my tune to pot C Dm If you don't like marijuana C Bb C I hope you like what you've got Eb Db C I've been trying to think it all out Eb Db C I've been trying all along Eb Db C When I weigh up all the factors C Bb C Then I just can't say it's wrong Bb Eb Db C Yes, I see it do some damage Bb Eb Db C When it's grafted to the throng Bb Eb Db C But you've got to hear the potheads Bb Eb Bb When they turn their minds to song
Mindful Webworks | Head Shop | Tune to Marijuana, page 2
2. C Dm Here's my tune to marijuana C Bb Here's my tune to hemp C Dm If you tune to marijuna C Bb C You might not be such a wemp Eb Db C Was a time I thought I'd finished Eb Db C I thought I had grown too old Eb Db C The weed I had just made me cough C Bb C My spirit fire was cold Bb Eb Db C But the fault was not my habit Bb Eb Db C But the weed that I'd been sold Bb Eb Db C If you want to kick the habit Bb Eb Bb Eb-Bb-Bdim Don't buy Acupulco Gold
3. C Dm Here's my tune to marijuana C Bb Here's my tune to grass C Dm If you tune to marijuana C Bb C You might not be such an ass Eb Db C I'm dirty hot and sweaty Eb Db C I've worked all day in my yard Eb Db C Then I relax with a bowl of gold C Bb C Until my lungs are charred Bb Eb Db C And if someday my Lord should say Bb Eb Db C My Spirit would be marred Bb Eb Db C I would give away my pipes and pot Bb Eb Bb Eb-Bb-Eb-G Sometimes his Will is hard.
Mindful Webworks | Head Shop | Tune to Marijuana, page 3
4. G Am Here's my tune to marijuana G F Here's my tune to boo G Am If you tune to marijuana G F Am G Marijuana tunes to you Bb Ab G Marijuana is a crutch they say Bb Ab G As they are crippling me Bb Ab G But they can't see how I'm crippled G F G 'Cause they're crippled just like me F Bb Ab G Those who need them have eyeglasses F Bb Ab G Likewise grass can help you see F Bb Ab G Like a wheelchair for an invalid F Bb F Bb-f-Bb-Bdim Pot sets your spirit free
5. [silent chorus] C - Dm / C - Bb / C - Dm / C - Bb - C Eb Db C I've been trying to think it all out Eb Db C I keep thinking without end Eb Db C If my thoughts require adjustment C Bb D I'll depend upon my friend Bb Eb Db C When we weigh up all the factors Bb Eb Db C Weighing each as right and wrong Bb Eb Db C Marijuana made it possible Bb Eb Bb G That I should write this song G -Am / G - F / G - Am / G - F - Bb - Bdim
Segue into Witnessing, verse 2
Performed in Mindful Webworkshop #12, 2016 Oct 28.